This position has been filled
As an Oracle PL/SQL-developer with Fiton you see to it that our products become more mature. We have an impressive clientele who cannot manage without our core business applications. We need your help to make them smile.
What you really need to do
- Make well developed back-end procedures/functions and applications in Oracle.
- See to it that our current applications have even better functions than they already have.
- Making PL/SQL-codes which will be rolled out by the release team. Through this your code will have a direct impact on the live environment.
- Analyzing queries and making remedial plans.
- Coaching and giving feedback to fellow developers.
- Thinking about technical choices, like architecture, tools and processes.
How you tackle it
- You actively participate in the Scrum-process of your multi disciplinary team.
- You ask for proactive feedback from the end users and developers. After evaluating the feedback, you process (part of) it in the new iteration.
- You initiate and actively participate with discussions about technical choices, like our architecture, tools and processes. Choices that we made in the past are not rules for the future.
- You open tickets, review codes and give feedback which makes your team even better.
- You work in a highly motivated team and get the time necessary to reach ambitious goals.
- You are actively busy improving the quality of our software.
- Of course you write PL/SQL code and you build front-end pages.
How your day could look like
While you enter the office, you take a cup of coffee and call out 'good morning' to your colleagues. You put your bag on your desk and go directly to a colleague who has a few questions for you. After helping him you walk back for the daily evaluation meeting. Today you really have to complete the planning list for a large logistic service provider. You only still have to finish the test cases and turn these over to the release team. You put on your headphone and you get to work.
You and your colleagues have decided to go to the city for lunch. You make sure you are back on time for the meeting with a new client. Together with the business consultant you prototype a possible solution. On your way back to your desk you take another cup of coffee and you have a hard but interesting discussion about the solution your colleague had in mind and of which you think that there is a better solution.
The rest of your afternoon you spend writing a functional design and you prepare yourself for a visit to a service provider in the Schiphol area where your solution will soon be put into production. Then it's really time to close off for the day. It's Friday afternoon, so together with your colleagues you close off the week with a beer.
What we ask of you
- That you are smart and have a way to prove it.
- That you have interest in logistic because that's what it's all about.
- At least experience as an Oracle PL/SQL developer in a similar work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Database and you enjoy coaching your colleague with this.
- You are proud of your job and welcomes feedback.
- A pragmatic viewpoint and knowledge of development methods, best practices, conventions, algorithms, design patterns and unit testing.
- Having knowledge of Oracle Application Express is absolutely necessary.
- That you think big and built small, at the end it's about 'just doing it'.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary
- Travel expenses and a pension plan with a permanent contract.
- 26 vacation days a year, if you promise to return.
- An inspiring market at which Holland is at its best.
Contact us by e-mail, call or simply pay us a visit.